Starting new services can feel overwhelming. The team at Grow ABA is here to make sure all of your questions are answered.
Ask questions- about anything and everything!
- Continue to work on ABA strategies outside of school and therapy sessions.
- Consistency is key!
- Make sure you are present at parent training meetings and actively involved.
- Address any concerns with your assigned supervisor.
- Provide information to your child about the day and their schedule. This will help prepare your child and help plan for unwanted surprises.
Understand it takes time
- ABA therapy is a process which will be thoroughly explained to you during the intake process.
Make sure information regarding your child is accurately represented to the Grow ABA team.
- This includes information regarding:
– Primary and secondary insurances
– Schools/potential changing of schools
– Family dynamics
– Medical history
– Your child likes and dislikes
Try to have fun
- A lot of ABA therapy will take place in natural environments, which include playtime. We know at times, it may be stressful, but try to have FUN!
“Behind every young child who believes in themselves is a parent who believed first.”Matthew Jacobson